Managing out-of-pocket expenses in Productive
Whenever you add an expense to a Productive budget, you can mark it as either billable or non-billable.
- Will not be billed to the client
- The revenue will stay the same
- The expense will not show up in the invoice
- Will be billed to the client
- The revenue will also increase
- The expense will show up on the invoice
Turn this on if you want to add this expense to your client's invoice.
Productive allows you to add your default markup when adding an expense – in this case, 5%.
All you have to do is add this 5 % and the billable amount is calculated automatically, saving you the trouble.
To submit an expense for approval, take a look at this article.