This integration enables you to send invoices from Productive to your Xero account.
Table of contents
- Which data is mapped between the platforms?
- How to link your Xero account to Productive
- How to use this integration
- Error messages
- Disconnecting Xero from Productive
1. Which data is mapped between the platforms?
2. How to link your Xero account to Productive
- Log into Productive
- Go to Settings > Integrations
- Find Xero and click Create integration
Click on Create integration.
A new window will open, asking your permission to connect to Xero.
As soon as you add your Xero credentials, the accounts will be connected. If everything is ok you will receive the following message:
At this stage, you need to choose the default account code to complete the integration process.
Click Save after you have chosen your default account.
Your Productive account is now linked to Xero.
3. How to use this integration
Upon successfully integrating your Xero account with Productive, a new button will appear on your Productive invoices.
Clicking this button will start the process of sending the Invoice to Xero.
Select your tax rate for this current invoice, as well as the desired status of the invoice when it gets copied into Xero. Click Save.
If your tax rate is in order, your Invoice will be sent to Xero, and a PDF copy of that invoice will be downloadable in Productive.
4. Error messages
If you have chosen a wrong tax rate, invoice status or account code, Xero might shoot back an error message similar to this:
Please double check that everything has been set up correctly to ensure you don't encounter these issues.
5. Disconnecting Xero from Productive
If you want to disconnect your Xero account from Productive, follow these steps:
- Settings > Integrations
- Find your Xero integration
- Click the "trash can" icon to disconnect
Have any other questions? Please take a look at the FAQ or feel free to start a chat conversation if you have any other questions too.